Reinventing the "Programming Lab" Experience
K-5 | Technology Skills | App & Robot
Wonder Workshop is a STEM based interactive learning experience suitable for K-5 learners. The combined hardware/software solution is especially designed for key elements of hands-on, sensory play considered essential for early elementary learning foundations found to be lacking relevance in today's 21st century K-3 classrooms. The "bundled" solution for early childhood combines tactile, kinesthetic involvement for students with programmable robots (Dash & Dot) guided and informed by a foundational curriculum introducing basic computer programming and problem solving to young learners.
Who are Dash & Dot?
Dash and Dot are award-winning programmable robots that allow any student to shape, change, and re-imagine the world around them. Rather than a traditional "toy" approach toward exploring the power of robotics, Dash and Dot represent an infinitely transformable expression of their ability to problem solve and critically think about the world around them. So, Dash & Dot represent "solutions" to problems big and small that each student tackles.
How does it Work?
The Wonder Workshop approach uniquely combines the proven pedagogical methodology of hands-on sensory play encouraged by the NAEYC curriculum best practices with introductory problem solving reinforcement. With Wonder Workshop, this occurs through the advancement of tactile fine motor skills via robot instrumentation devices (Dash & Dot) that receive commands that are developed, programmed and deployed by each student through their progression of lessons. The impact of the combination of device + software as a bundled solution impacts the student experience in ways that a software application alone cannot. The teacher-prepared rubric of standards-based lessons, commands, and instructions - the core of both mathematical and science lab thinking - ensures that a highly engaging experience also imparts foundational principals of mathematics, science, and language arts.
The combination of robotics, early computer science, and coding places Wonder Workshop in a position of unique differentiation not concentrated on by other providers who specialize in "either" science/lab based manipulative or software based coding solutions but not both (companion) methodologies.
Sunburst Exclusive Bundles
Sunburst's Wonder Pilot pack is perfect for getting started with Wonder Workshop or for a smaller group of students. Includes 3 Wonder Packs, a teacher portal login, an exclusive curriculum implementation kit, and more. View bundle details.
Wonder Class 24
Wonder Class 24, offered exclusively by Sunburst Digital, is built for a classroom of 24 students. Containing eight of every robot and accessory, classes can easily be divided into groups of three students each. Also included are teacher logins for the Wonder Teacher Portal and Sunburst's curriculum implementation kit. View bundle details.
Wonder Class 30
Wonder Class 30, offered exclusively by Sunburst Digital, is built for a classroom of 30 students. Containing ten of every robot and accessory, classes can easily be divided into groups of three students each. Also included are teacher logins for the Wonder Teacher Portal and Sunburst's curriculum implementation kit. View bundle details.
How do I use Wonder Workshop?
- Integrate Wonder Workshop into the teacher lead lessons to demonstrate a particular robotics and programming skill
- Implement differentiated learning meant for students to work at their own pace
- Assisted student practice assigned to model computational thinking skills with teacher supervision and direction
- Introduce gamification into the classroom and home lesson to increase student engagement and comprehension
- Self-directed, enrichment-based learning through the use of repeatable puzzles and project activities
- Organize a foundation for 21st century skills such as computational and critical thinking skills
- Enhance STEM curriculum with teacher oversight and detailed assessment tools
- Create a genius bar flipped model teaching environment where students assist other students with their robotics and coding projects
- After School enrichment and advancement programs for GT and RTI student populations
- Camp/school groups designed around developing student programming and computational thinking skills feeding FLL and robotics teams at older grades
- Integrate Wonder Workshop across core content areas to deepen learning connections
Games, Tutorials, and More!
Solve new challenges, show off your code, and see what other kids around the world are doing with Dash & Dot! Students have a chance at winning prizes, too.
A playlist full of Wonder Workshop tutorials. Learn programming and robotics through these helpful video guides!
Comprehensive lesson plans aligned to Common Core and NGSS standards designed for teachers by teachers. Our cross-curricular lessons cover math, science, ELA, coding, and more. Dash & Dot are characters that ignite curiosity and confidence while providing fun ways of learning the essential skills of collaboration, communication, and digital literacy.
Wonder League Clubs
Work with kids at your school, under served communities, or your neighborhood Boys and Girls Club. Give kids in your community the opportunity to learn to code. No experience required—Wonder Workshop supports you with activity guides, trainings, tools to promote your club, swag, and a whole network of fellow club organizers. Lead the movement! Do your part in bringing #CSforall by inspiring our youngest learners to create with technology.
Click here to learn more about Wonder League.